Axial lead glass encapsulated NTC thermistor used for high temperature measurement, sensing, monitoring, detection and control. Typical application such as industrial process control, HVAC, oven, office equipment, etc.
Minimum lead wire length tailored to shall be ≥8mm.
In lead wire bending, bending point shall be more than 2mm away from glass body part.
Mounting and Handling Recommendations
Excessive forces applied to a sensor may cause serious damage. To avoid this, the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- No perpendicular forces must be applied to the body
- During bending, the leads must be supported
- Bending close to the body must be done very carefully
- Axial forces to the body can influence the accuracy of the sensor and should be avoided
- These sensors can be mounted on a minimum pitch of >5 mm
Soldering and Welding
- Avoid any force on the body or leads during, or just after, soldering.
- Do not correct the position of an already soldered sensor by pushing, pulling or twisting the body.
- Prevent fast cooling after soldering.
- For hand soldering, where mounting is not on a printed-circuit board, the soldering temperature should be <300C the soldering time <3 s and the distance between body and soldering point >1.5 mm.
- For hand soldering, dip, wave or other bath soldering, mounted on a printed-circuit board, the
- soldering temperature should be <300C, the soldering time <5 s and the distance between body and soldering point >1.5 mm.
- The distance between the body and the welding point should be >0.5 mm. Care should be taken to ensure that welding current never passes through the sensor.